Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Antique Quilts


Double Wedding Ring


Churn Dash

Both quilts
Just one more note regarding my Avalon stay.  Barb, who organises the weekend, and what a wonderful job she does, brought along some quilts that she was hoping to sell.  These quilts would have been purchased by her in USA.  I couldn't help but take photos.  Someone did buy the double wedding ring (I couldn't afford it) and I gave serious thought to the churn dash.  I didn't buy though.  When you look at these photos give a thought to the fact that these quilts are all hand quilted!  The colours are still vibrant, the fabrics, feedsacks, still in very good condition.  I don't know the history of the quilts, however, just looking at them was a treat.  Thanks Barb for bringing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment